We’re super lucky to live in Thailand. Everywhere has its advantages and disadvantages but with its weather, its food and its people, Thailand really is a great place for expats to live. I’m happy to say I’ve lived here for 13 years (can’t believe it’s that long) and sometimes things happen that would usually seem crazy but here it’s not. e.g. on several occasions I’ve realised that I left the house with no footwear and it didn’t really matter. Here are 10 things that you may relate with if you’ve been living here for some time.
1. You get excited when a new 7/11 opens.
2. You put fish sauce on your breakfast.
3. You leave the house and forget your shoes.
4. Seeing a road accident doesn’t faze you.
5. Snakes don’t scare you.
6. You’ve forgotten what it’s like to pass a solid stool.
7. You don’t like Songkran.
8. Sweat patches don’t bother you.
9. You like seafood flavoured crisps.
10. Wearing shoes indoors feels weird.