It’s all very well me saying find an agent and/or developer you can trust if you want to buy a property in Thailand. But let’s face it you should be doing more. By hiring a professional, well-established legal service you can make sure your interests are fully protected.
At TCH Property Agent we recently decided that we would cover the buyer’s due diligence costs on all completed sales. The 2 primary reasons being, we want to sure our buyers are fully protected and also that they can progress with a purchase in full confidence.
We use Legal Services Hua Hin to carry out the due diligence for any sales through TCH and they also write all the contracts for our Solar Development. An initial Q+A with them is 30 mins and it’s free.
Below is a list of what is covered / carried out with the due diligence on a property purchase here in Hua Hin.
- will ensure there are no encumbrances, lien, obligations or outstanding liabilities.
- will ensure the seller is the legitimate owner of the property and has the proper title deeds available for the registration of leasehold / freehold ownership.
Your lawyer will also:
- study all contracts supplied by the seller.
- give feedback and legal advice on the contracts.
- deal with the seller to edit and complete the contracts in accordance with your best interests.
- prepare all required documents to represent you at the land registry office to register property ownership in your name
Due diligence on a purchase will usually cost around 50,000 baht which is why it is sometimes neglected. With TCH we cover these costs for you. Your safety and confidence is of paramount importance.