As we all know selling your property in Hua Hin is tough. There are many many properties for sale and you can get some very attractive deals if you want to build a new one to your own specifications. So you really need to make your property stand out from the crowd. Here are my tips on how you can achieve exactly that:
- Price it Correctly (for this market) ‘when’ you list – Ask a reputable Estate Agent to give you an honest appraisal of what amount would make your property attractive for this market. The answer may not be what you want to hear (if they are honest) but you’ll be giving yourself a better chance to actually get a sale. Try to avoid having your (overpriced) property sitting on many websites for months and even years, this will create a negative impression. What exacerbates this impression is when the price is dropped in order to achieve a sale, it smacks of desperation and devalues the property further opening you up to ‘stupid’ offers. I cringe when I see perfectly lovely properties on Estate Agent sites ‘slashed’ by 5M baht. And then if it still doesn’t sell quickly potential buyers wonder what’s wrong with it, thus perpetuating the negative impression.
- Get New Doors and Windows – You can purchase top quality UPVC doors and windows in Hua Hin now. SSS are a professional, organised outfit that provide optimal UPVC doors and windows. Some of the benefits of having top quality UPVC doors and windows are effective sound dampening, good insulation, energy savings, durability and anti theft features. Plus they look and feel great (smooth and sleek) which is what you need to stand out from the pack.
- Give Your Property a Makeover – Whenever I walk into a property for the first time I put myself in the buyer’s shoes and make a mental note of the positives and the negatives. Most properties have plenty of positives, unfortunately it’s often the negatives that stick in people’s minds. Here are some things that I believe are noticable, can create a negative impression and devalue a property: stress cracks, limescale on taps, stained sandwash, tired looking and broken decking, rusty gates and dirty old swimming pool grout. Even adding a BBQ area and/or a guest house could greatly improve your chances of a sale. Also, it’s amazing what a coat of paint will do. I can fully recommend SPS Services for solution on these and many more issues that you may need to solve.
- Get Some New Furniture – Some high quality new furniture can do wonders for a property. Check out Beautiful World and The Cabinet. I’ve had many many happy customers buy from both of these reputable outlets.
- Tidy Up – Make sure your property is neat and tidy and clean for viewings. Remember, you are competing against many other nice properties including brand new ones. Try to make the property look and feel as if it’s very easy to move in and start living there. The luxury lifestyle is only a few easy steps away.