It looks like 2020 is going to be a tough year for us all. I’ll admit that as this situation developed I was in the ‘it’s only flu’ camp. How wrong I and many others were; you only need to look at the news and statistics from some countries to know that this is a serious situation indeed. However, it’s very important at times like these to keep your postive spirit alive and there are certainly a lot worse places to be than Thailand. I’ll even go as far as to say that Hua Hin is a better place to be than many other locations around the country. Thailand itself has had 1771 cases with only 12 deaths. We can speculate as to why this is but the fact that Thais take their personal hygiene seriously and they are very community-minded could be 2 factors that are alleviating the situation. Another reason that’s been suggested to me is that viruses don’t survive long in high temperatures and it’s stinking hot here at the moment. In Hua Hin itself there have only been a few cases to speak of so I would suggest we are very lucky to be here. Here are some tips from us here at TCH to make this difficult period more bearable:
- Get Out in the Garden – It’s hot season and the weather is amazing. Get out there and soak up some rays and spend as much time as you can in your pool (if you are lucky enough to have one). Make sure to top up on suntan lotion.
- Go to the Beach – We are not in complete lockdown so go and take some nice relaxing, early evening strolls along the beach. Just be sure to wear a mask and keep your distance from others.
- Get Some Dumbells – There are quite literally hundreds of exercises you can do with 2 dumbells. Swim up and down, do some burpess and lift some weights for half an hour each morning. The worst thing we can do is to veg out in front of the TV and eat all day.
- Buy a Bicycle – As I mentioned before we are not on total lockdown so an early morning bike ride is ideal to keep that mind balanced and ready to manage the situation in a positive way.
- Top up on Tipples – Make sure you store some nice cold beverages in your fridge. Perfect for relaxing on the terrace at the end of the day.
- Install Grab Food – The service ‘Grab Food’ provides is great. You can quite literally order anything you want from Thai to Indian to Italian. They are fast too!
- Buy a BBQ – All the supermarkets are still open and there’s no panic buying so you can buy pretty much whatever you need including all the perfect ingredients for a decent Barbie.
- Cherish Your Loved Ones – One great thing for me that’s come from all this is that I’ve had the time to reflect on what is most important. I’ve been able to spend a lot more time with my kids which is priceless.
Hopefully with these little tips this period will be vastly more bearable. Stay safe and healthy and I hope to see you in the future.