Hua Hin is a location that is steeped in Golfing history. The first course was commissioned by the royal family to be built here in 1923. It has become a mecca for both golfers on holiday and people who wish to live / retire here. Here are the main reasons that Hua Hin has become one of Asia’s top golfing destinations.
- The Courses – There are 8 golf courses here all within 20 minutes of the town centre: Black Mountain, Banyan, Springfield, Seapines, Lakeview, Majestic, Palm Hills and Royal Hua Hin (the oldest golf course in Thailand).
- Quality – The courses here are usually in pristine condition with some truly breathtaking holes to feast your eyes on (the 16th at Seapines springs to mind).
- The Weather – Hua Hin averages 200 sun hours a month and a temperature of 32 degrees which means you are all but guaranteed good weather for a round.
- Affordability – Yes some of the top courses could be considered pricey but there are many affordable options. During low season you can find some great deals for around 1000 baht.
- The Food – Most of the golf courses have a variety of different cuisines on the menu and offer up quality, affordable fare. Banyan and Black Mountain deserve a special mention here.
- The Caddies – The Thai golfing experience wouldn’t be what it is without the caddies. Not only are most of them good at their job (they can make a good round great) they are usually lovely and smily in that enchanting Thai way.
- The Clubhouses – Some of the club houses are spectacular with top notch facilities that make the whole experience feel extra special.
- Refreshment Stops – In Thailand the courses have intermittent refreshment cabins where you can grab a drink and a snack (and of course a beer if the day isn’t going too well).